A lot of people have been damaged by the overprescribing of benzodiazepines. They get repeat prescriptions – and then they get stuck on them.
Listed below are a few of the many techniques that Dr. Zeff teaches Highly Sensitive People to follow to reduce sleep problems:
1. Review your lifestyle regarding where you can reduce stress.
2. Rule out any medical causes for insomnia i.e. medication, sleep apnea, etc.
3. Twenty minutes before bedtime meditate, do deep abdominal breathing, progressive relaxation, or listen to a relaxation tape.
4. Try to go to bed before or near 10 P.M.
5. Don’t look at a clock after 8 or 9 P.M.