Dental amalgams and multiple scelerosis


The removal of dental amalgam has been proposed as a therapy for multiple sclerosis. This treatment is based on the idea that metal is slowly released from amalgam and causes or worsens MS.

Dental amalgam is composed of mercury as well as silver, copper, tin, and zinc. Amalgam has been used for more than 150 years to fill cavities and is used currently for 80 to 90 percent of tooth restorations.

Very small amounts of mercury are released from amalgam in teeth in the form of solid mercury and mercury vapor . It is claimed that the mercury released from amalgam damages the immune system and nervous system and thereby causes MS and other diseases. In addition, it has been proposed that disease is caused by harmful allergic reactions to the mercury or to the electrical currents generated by mercury.
The presumed mercury toxicity is termed mercury hypersensitivity, mercury sensitivity, mercury toxicity, and micromercurialism. Electricity generated4d by mercury is called electrogalvinism or oral galvanism.

Alternative Medicine and Multiple Sclerosis, Dr Allen C. Bowling, M.D., PhD

Share this with your friends