In this edition of health tips and facts, our user Donovan has suggestions on ways we can improve our health. Donovan writes: "An average person cannot survive without air for six minutes, without water for 10 days, and without food for several weeks. To be healthy, it is essential that we breathe clean air, drink uncontaminated water and eat unadulterated food—this means organic.
The air we breathe is polluted with residual household chemicals and carbon dioxide from vehicles and factories. Our water is poisoned with chlorine, antidepressants, and fluoride. Our food has been genetically modified, sprayed with herbicides and insecticides and god knows what before it gets to our table. Our fruits and vegetables are grown with chemical fertilizers made from petrochemicals, which is basically oil, and they no longer contain the quantity of nutrients that they used to.
Here are the steps I've taken to improve my quality of life. I can't guarantee what works for me will work for everyone. But here's what you can do.
1. Get a good air purifier.
2. Get a water filter or water alkaline ionizer. The water filter should have the feature to remove fluoride.
3. Incorporate raw, organic fruits and vegetables as part of your daily diet.
4. Walk or a jog one mile every day. Not everyone benefits from strenuous exercise, so walking is a perfect way to exercise.
5. Think positive. Cliché but the alternative is unpleasant.
6. Be around positive people. Yes, I mean avoid toxic people.
7. Learn to say "NO." Sometimes it's the most powerful word we can utter.
With all the fancy technology, we are now too far removed from nature. We need to recognize the body and mind connection.